Let me laid about alongside the geographic introduction of the Jageshwar Dham. It is located at an height of 1870 meters. Placed inward midst of the dense deodar as well as pino trees wood Jageshwar Dham is business office of the Almora District inward Uttarakhand. The distance betwixt the town of Almora as well as the Jageshwar is around 35 km as well as about 101 Kms away from lake urban centre Nainital. The campaign to the temple town is a blissful experience. Each frame is the process for a die-heart nature lover. I was introduced to this identify at the historic menstruum of 15. Since as well as thence yearly identify unit of measurement visits to the temple instilled inward me an odd fondness for the place. The placidity persona of me ever strikes a chord of harmony alongside the peaceful environment of the temple. With each visit, I sense a solitude of a unlike variety. There is something transcendent inward the town that takes you lot far away from the mundane despairs.
History of Jageshwar is total of intriguing facts. That makes this habitation of Lord Shiva fifty-fifty to a greater extent than fascinating. Jageshwar is 1 of the oldest shiva temples inward India. There are no definite records available leading to the accurate structure menstruum of Jageshwar temple. But according to the ASI (Archaeological Survey of India), they belong to the post-Gupta as well as pre-medieval eras. And estimated to last virtually 2500 years old. These temples gain from the eighth century, early on Katyuri Dynasty, to the 18th century Chand Dynasty. The temples were renovated during the reign of Katyuri King Shalivahandev. It is believed that Adi Shankaracharya visited Jageshwar Dham as well as re-established many temples earlier leaving for his journeying ahead to Kedarnath. During early on days, pilgrims would give through Jageshwar en route to Kailash as well as Mansarovar.
The temple urban centre of Jageshwar comprises of a cluster of 124 large as well as modest rock temples, dating ninth to 13th century AD, alongside many preserved past times the Archaeological Survey of Bharat (ASI). Tarun Jageshwar is 1 of the principal temples situated inward the temple premises. The temple has 2 door guardians inward the shape of the armed Nandi as well as Skandi. Here, Shiva is worshiped inward the shape of Nagesh/Jageshwar. In the sanctum sanctorum of the temple, the Shivlinga is divided into 2 parts. The larger 1 depicts Shiva as well as smaller 1 his consort Parvati. An Akhand Jyoti, (an immortal flame) burns inward the temple. There are 2 Asthadhatu statues of Kumaon’s Chand Kings – Deepchand as well as Tripalchand inward the standing posture behind the Shivlinga.
The Mahamrityunjay temple is the largest as well as oldest temple inward the Jageshwar temple complex. This temple of Shiva is eastern facing as well as the Linga is worshiped equally the savior from expiry – Mahamrityunjay. Pilgrims believe that reciting the Mahamritunjaya Mantra while inward the temple is an auspicious as well as powerful method of self-realisation, removal of evil effects, as well as liberty from all kinds of negativity.Various inscriptions from varied fourth dimension periods are inscribed on the walls as well as pillars of the Jageshwar temples. The dialect of inscriptions is mainly Sanskrit as well as Brahmi. Once tin forcefulness out encounter carved sculptures on the exterior walls of the temples. These carvings order a tale of their ain if keenly observed. The black rock walls of these temples are mystifying as well as reminiscence of the rich history of the Kumaon region.
The primary temple premise is surrounded alongside tall as well as aged deodar trees as well as a calm river flowing past times the side. It is non surprising if you lot immature adult woman rail of fourth dimension piece inward the temple premise. Especially during the dawn as well as dusk aarti rituals. It is an enchanting experience, the sacred bells of aarti echoing the mountains as well as touching one’s soul, bringing you lot unopen to that 1 almighty divine power. It is sure enough a relieving experience. And 1 tin forcefulness out walk inward leisure to unlike shrines as well as through the museum to the primary temple. Tour about this small, religious town is definitely a photography retreat. And you lot never know you lot powerfulness terminate upward listening to an interesting mystifying folklore virtually the temple.
There are many hotels as well as invitee houses available to remain nigh the temple campus. We picked Van Serai during 1 of our trips as well as since as well as thence are loyal guests of the resort. It is located a kilometer ahead of the primary temple premises. Van Serai is perfect for a peaceful holiday. It is ideally located for those wanting to introspect, meditate or remove a pause from their stressful lives.Van Serai‘s in-house birding proficient volition last happy to initiate you lot into the globe of plane watching. You tin forcefulness out also remove to explore the beautiful forests, similar nosotros do, at your ain pace, perchance behave a picnic hamper for a longer trek as well as brand the most of the natural beauty about you. During 1 of our recent trips, I took a morning time walk to the nearby village, admiring the traditional Kumaoni one-time houses. Watch how fourth dimension has stood all the same inward these places as well as life has its ain sweet, tiresome pace. The nutrient served at Van Serai is wholesome, delicious as well as strictly vegetarian. The kitchen squad serves you lot best of the local produce, cooked inward the simplest of mode as well as served alongside warmth.
What nosotros prefer doing during our visits? Cut our ties alongside the exterior globe for few days, praise the natural beauty, walk deep within the forest, meditate, follow a create clean diet authorities as well as teach filled alongside tons as well as tons of positivity. What else 1 wishing from a spiritual getaway.
Other useful clues:
- How To Reach Jageshwar: The nearest railway station is Kathgodam (Haldwani) 125 km, which has at 1 time trains arriving from Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow as well as other leading cities of India. Jageshwar has at 1 time route links alongside Almora (35 km), Delhi (400 km) as well as Kathgodam. Buses as well as individual taxis ply from these identify for Jageshwar regularly.
- Best Time to Visit Jageshwar is anytime earlier the winters. The winters are harsh as well as the identify is quite deserted. It powerfulness snowfall equally well. The ‘Jageshwar Monsoon Festival ‘, held betwixt xv July to xv August takes identify during the Hindu month of Shravan, as well as the annual ‘Maha Shivratri Mela’ (Shivratri festival), which takes identify during leap has an of import identify inward the calendar of the entire Kumaon region. Being a sacred site, crowds throng the identify during of import religious festivals. If you lot are looking for a placidity getaway as well as thence avoid dates about pregnant Hindu festivals.
- Around Jageshwar 1 tin forcefulness out visit Abbott Mount, Jhaltola, Binsar, Vridh Jageshwar, Pangot, Sabbatum Tal, Nainital, Ranikhet, Chakori, Munsyari, as well as Mukteshwar. Do plane watching, trekking, hiking, nature walks, meditation, as well as yoga.
- Book inward advance your stay. Being a secluded town the hotel staff requires fourth dimension to gear upward the room as well as carte du jour for the guests’ arrival.
- Jageshwar is located inward the middle of the dense forest. Nights are mutual depression temperature alongside the temperature reaching till 15-degree celsius during summers as well as about minus inward winters. Wearing wearing clothing inward layers is the smart means to teach by alongside fluctuating day/night temperature. Must pack a twain of sweatshirt or jacket to proceed you lot warm. You teach to practise a lot of walking inward the wild surroundings. So pack your most comfortable as well as covered footwear for the trip.
- I know you lot volition non immature adult woman whatsoever of these – mobile/laptop/iPod/kindle charger. There is rarely whatsoever mobile network inward Jageshwar thence don’t worry much virtually the mobile charger.
- Do non forget to position your prescription medicines. You volition non teach them anywhere about the area.
- It is hard to origin gourmet or a variety of ingredients inward the middle of the jungle. Try to relish the local cuisine served at most of the eateries about the temple. The nutrient served inward the Jageshwar as well as the surrounding areas is strictly vegetarian (no eggs equally well). If you lot remove keep sure nutrient allergies as well as thence it is improve to order the hotel kitchen squad good inward advance thence they remove keep plenty fourth dimension to procure the desired ingredients from the nearby town.
- At Jageshwar Dham, credit/debit cards are non accepted for the payment. So brand the hotel payment inward advance as well as behave plenty amount of cash equally good for the little expenses. Also, in that location are no ATM’s as well as fuel stations nearby.